Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Simple Powerful Word

January  2009...nope 2010, I will have a difficult time writing that year, I am sure I will be corrected by my students plenty of times (hey, teachers make mistakes too). This year I am borrowing the idea of focusing on a word that I can post around the house, school, or where ever to keep me focused and help make it a priority in my life. (Special thanks to Tawny who brought this idea to my attention.)
Being an educator has also taught me that the learner needs to be exposed to that new vocab/word at least eight times to make it there own (interesting fact I thought). So the first place it is posted is in the kitchen. I created a word web, found synonyms, antonyms, examples, non-examples, and posted a picture of me demonstrating this word.
Live: to possess life, to exist, having life, or being physically present
To better explain, Jake and I thought about how sometimes we just go through the motions and not really enjoy parts of daily life. We often turn down opportunities or invitations because we are too busy or dealing with whatever life has thrown at as at the time. As we get older,  I want to take time to slow down, but instead I hear people say that they can't wait for another day (especially Friday). I want to live for today and live in today. I want to soak up every moment I can, and make time to accept the invitations and experience as much as we can.  We are all lucky to live in a country that allows us to live freely, why not take advantage of what is so often taken forgranted. This year the Kings are focusing on living now, focusing on what we really want to live for, and enjoying our life!
Stayed tuned for more ways that we live!








1 comment:

  1. Great word, and SO true!!! I am so guilty of begging for another day instead of appreciating the day I'm given! Look at me, even using my word :)

    ReplyDelete