Sunday, January 3, 2010

Black Eyed Peas



Jake's Great Grandmother, Grandma Davis, believed in a southern tradition of eating black eyed peas in the new year to bring fortune and luck.(Fun fact: the music group the Black Eyed Peas named themselves that because they wanted luck too) I never knew this until this year, so what did I do? Quickly ran to the grocery store to find these peas and through them into our home made tortilla soup. (Yes, my first dinner of the year and I cooked! It is one of my many goals this year.)
We had the Byrd family over to celebrate the New Year and our friendship! Erin and I have known each other since high school and have rekindled our friendship. Not only is our friendship great, our daughters' is too. Charli and Madeline enjoy playing together and are working on the whole sharing thing. Hopefully, they will have a life long friendship too!!


Madeline and Charli eating dinner too!


Jake took a picture of his girls.


Madeline is such a big girl playing on her glider, she can get up on it all by herself.



Charli loved the Mercedes, watch out Byrd family!



So sweet!


They are too cute together! They had the whole house to play in, but they loved the crib!



I made cupcakes that had tens on them, for the New Year! (kind of hard to see)

No comments:

Post a Comment